Careers at New Music USA
Grantmaking Manager (full-time)
New Music USA seeks a creative, energetic, highly organized and self-motivated person with a passion for music and aptitude for web and office-related applications to provide support for its popular grant programs.
Purpose of the Job: contribute to the daily administration of all New Music USA grantmaking programs as part of the Grants and Program Team including planning, evaluation, and promotion of projects supported.
Who we are: New Music USA is the leading national resource for the whole new music community. We support and connect diverse U.S. based music makers, organizations, and audiences by: providing financial support through our project grants fostering new connections through our programs, and deepening knowledge and encouraging appreciation through our online magazine NewMusicBox, our radio station Counterstream, and our New Music Directory.
Grantmaking Manager: Key Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Grants & Programs to process more than 1,000 applications and award over $1 million in grants annually to projects based across the country.
- Assist with program application processing, including reviewing projects for eligibility, data entry, managing the public announcement of awardees, providing feedback to applicants, and acting as a primary contact for program applicants and awardees.
- Assist in managing program awards: including contracts, letters of agreement, payment letters, tracking payment requests and deliveries, assisting with statistical information on supported activities,
- Assist in disseminating program opportunities to relevant constituents; prepare mass mail and email communications.
- Answer general and program-related emails and phone calls.
- Manage system for collating information from grantees that can be shared via regular communications channels and website at New Music USA
- Provide content for website (e.g. deadlines, grants and other relevant news) ensuring that it is kept up to date and relevant
- Promote the work of program awardees through social media, email campaigns, blog content & special campaigns (in collaboration with the Content Associate).
Experience and Skills Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills; self-motivation and energy
- Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience managing social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and music networking accounts (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud)
- Facility with databases and managing a high volume of data
- Flexibility, professionalism, creative thinking, and collegial attitude
- Passion for new music in all its forms
- Experience in non-profit administration, or equivalent, preferably music or arts & culture related
- Media editing
- Familiarity with web design and html, experience with WordPress a plus
- In depth knowledge of one or more new music genres
Salary and Benefits
- Compensation will be competitive with non-profit positions at this level.
- Benefits include health, dental, paid vacation, and sick leave.
- The Grantmaking Manager reports to the Director of Grantmaking Programs and works within a small and committed team of 9 full time and 2 part time people.
- The Grantmaking Manger may be required to represent the organization through attendance at workshops, conferences, and performances as necessary. Some travel and attendance of events outside of work hours may be required.
- The office is based in New York City’s Financial District.
- All team members are required to work at highest levels of accuracy, conscientiousness and communication in order to maintain our high standard of service and commitment to transparency and equal opportunities.
Application deadline: September 30th, 2019. Interviews will take place on October 16th.
How to apply: send us a resume and cover letter, outlining why you are a good fit for the position with reference to the criteria listed above. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Grantmaking Manager.” No phone calls please.
New Music USA, an equal opportunity employer, seeks to diversify its staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.