Come work with us!
The following opportunities are currently available.
Full-time position with benefits
New Music USA seeks a creative, energetic, and deeply enthusiastic professional with a passion for the arts to help realize the goals of our organization through the renewal and growth of contributed revenue from a diverse range of institutions and individuals.
The Development Manager is an essential member of our staff who works closely with the Development Director, CEO, program staff, and Board. The position provides a unique opportunity to gain experience strategizing and implementing contributed revenue approaches from a range of sources. The title describes the work to be done, and there is a lot of it, but this position is so much more than a list of duties. This is an opportunity to make a real impact on the new music field, and to learn and grow.
New Music USA’s development program is led by the Director of Development. The team works closely with the President and CEO, and works together with board, staff, artists, audiences and donors – all the stakeholders who make New Music USA an organization that is transforming the public’s relationship with new music. We aim to bring all those people together around the vitality of new music and its relationship to all the arts, life, and society. The development team secures the fuel to realize these goals.
While the Development Manager reports directly to the Director of Development, it’s less about reporting and more about collaborating here. We want you to do the work that’s required, but also to come up with new ideas and challenge our assumptions. Some things will be new, different, and fun. Some will be the kind of work we just need to get done. Such is our world. But we promise that as you work to maintain and grow revenue for our organization you will also feel the excitement that comes with making a contribution towards a thriving arts community.
The Development Manager will assume responsibility for a full range of tasks that must be implemented in order to secure institutional grants and individual contributions, such as:
- Organizing development project plans and maintaining an accurate calendar for proposals and reports due
- Drafting and submitting institutional renewal proposals and reports
- Submitting and maintaining all required government registration and compliance material
- Researching and identifying new institutional and individual donor prospects
- Planning and implementing annual fund campaigns to individual donors
- Collaborating on major gifts prospecting and approaches
- Creating the annual Year in Review and other print and online materials
- Collaborating with the development, program, and communications staff as required on fundraising, public relations, and social media strategies that impact on the profile of the organization and its fundraising capacity
- Maintaining Salesforce records for current and prospective donors
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of public events nationwide
- Participating in the creation of development board meeting materials
- A minimum of two to three years as a development professional, including experience with institutional giving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- A passion for the arts and interest in new music
- Strategic and nuanced thinking
- Knowledge of database management
- Fluency with social media, especially on a strategic level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience
- Prospect research experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Experience as an active musician or artist
Compensation will be competitive with that of non-profit organizations of similar size. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday July 23rd, 2018. No phone calls please.
New Music USA is an equal opportunity employer enthusiastically seeking to diversify its staff. We strongly encourage applications from women and people of color. Review of applications begins immediately. We’re looking to have someone selected and ready to start as soon as possible.
Internships may be available for interested students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.