2 concerts: Feb. 28 & Feb. 29
We are pleased to announce the program for the 5th annual New York City Electroacoustic Improvisation Summit (https://eis.nyc), a concert series featuring music by artists focused on the integration of music improvisation and real-time interactive computer systems.
Concerts will take place at CUNY City Tech’s Voorhees Theater, 186 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY (Google map).
CONCERT 1: Friday, February 28, 2020, 7:00 PM
- Arto Artinian, Jeff Kaiser, Killick Hinds, and Adam James Wilson of Goosemotor +2 (augmented trumpet, fretless electric guitars, Haken Continuum, and Skronkbot, a semi-autonomous software improvisation agent)
- Gordon Beeferman and Dafna Naphtali of the Gordon Beeferman / Dafna Naphtali Duo (smartphone-controlled audio manipulation of voice, organ, toy piano, and other acoustic devices)
- Hans Tammen : Sonic Flotsam (resonant objects and live interactive processing)
- Léa Boudreau : this performance is no longer available due to […] (circuit-bent electronic sounds composed with Pure Data)
- Artist panel discussion, moderated by Kevin Patton
CONCERT 2: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 7:00 PM
- Juan Parra Cancino and Jonathan Impett : Three States of Wax (guitar and trumpet interacting with/through the authors’ Timbre Networks and Artificial Life for music software)
- Aaron Campbell and Christopher Diaz : Opiyelguabirán (cello-accented real-time vocal processing)
- Nikki D’Agostino and Kevin Patton : Cast Down Thither (tenor saxophone, processed through BrundleFly modular DSP software)
- Eric Lyon and Alan Weinstein : The Man with the Golden Arm (cello and computer-structured improvisation)
- Riccardo Marogna and Darina Žurková : DINGEN (live analysis and stochastic processing of small percussion instruments)
- Artist panel discussion, moderated by Adam James Wilson
Concerts are free and open to the public, with a suggested donation of $10 to the City Tech Foundation.
NYC EIS alumni include Kerry Hagan, John Bowers, Miller Puckette, Jeff Kaiser, Nic Collins, Lauren Sarah Hayes, Cort Lippe, Esther Lamneck, Douglas Geers, Maja Cerar, Kristina Warren, Thomas Ciufo, Curtis Bahn, Scott Barton, Jonghyun Kim, Jaimie Branch, Kevin Patton, Doug Van Nort, Nick Demopoulos, Chapman Welch, Brandon Bell, Eric Lyon, Pauline Kim Harris, Arto Artinian, Adam James Wilson, Killick Hinds, Nikki D’Agostino, Paul Botelho, Margaret Schedel, Jess Rowland, Sofy Yuditskaya, Joe Hertenstein, Seth Thorn, Kalun Leung, Erich Barganier, Christopher Howard, Dafna Naphtali, Jen Baker, Lyn Goeringer, Chris Peck, Erin Rogers, Joe Cantrell, and David Borgo.
Visit https://eis.nyc for more information.
Find us on Facebook at:
Read Eric Lyon’s review of the inaugural NYC Electroacoustic Improvisation Summit (2016) in the 2017 issue of Array, the journal of the International Computer Music Association.