Join E4TT (Nanette McGuinness, soprano, Dale Tsang, piano and Anne Lerner-Wright, cello) with guest artists Laura Reynolds (English horn) and Ilana Blumberg Thomas (violin) for a program of new focused on the life and works of seminal 20th century poet Paul Celan. Composers Garner and Eddins will speak.
THREE world premieres of new commissioned works:
- “Die Eichne Tuer” by E4TT composer David Garner, for soprano, English horn, violin, cello and piano, to 5 poems by Celan;
- “Nachtlang” for soprano, cello, and piano by Jared Redmond, to 2 poems by Celan;
- “A Song On the End of the World,” for soprano, cello, and piano by Stephen Eddins to poetry by Celan contemporary Czeslaw Milosz;
- PLUS “4 1/2” (2016) by Libby Larsen (with “In Memoriam,” an elegy for departed, beloved ones)
- AND “Memoire de l’ombre” for cello by Aleksandra Kaca from E4TT’s Call for Scores (56×54)