Periapsis Music and Dance presents Oracle, our spring 2019 season performances! Oracle takes us through intrepid explorations in composer/choreographer relationships, questioning the boundaries between movement and character, between dance and theater, and between musician and dancer.
– *Oracle, by choreographer Norbert De La Cruz III and composer Harry Stafylakis
– *Elle ne m’aime pas, by choreographer Hannah Weber and composer Jonathan Howard Katz
– *conjuring MAEJHH, by choreographer Annalee Traylor and composer Hilary Purrington
– Encaged, by choreographer Erin Dillon and composer Jonathan Howard Katz
Plus guests from the Periapsis Open Series:
– AL-D2D/T (Abdul Latif) with composer Ron Wasserman (Fri and Sat evenings)
– Amy Marshall Dance Company with composer Kevin Keller (Fri evening, Sat matinee)
– Arch Ballet (Sheena Annalise) with composer Matthew AC Cohen (Sat matinee and evening)
Oracle was supported by New Music USA, made possible by annual program support and/or endowment gifts from Mary Flagler Cary Charitable Trust, New York State Council on the Arts, Helen F. Whitaker Fund, Aaron Copland Fund for Music.
Music for conjuring MAEJHH commissioned by the Charles and Joan Gross Family Foundation.
This program was supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.