Our Abraham in Flames workshop residency at San Francisco’s Wilsey Center for Opera was a huge success on all fronts: artistic, collaborative, audience, educational etc. We spent 5 days exploring the first half of the opera and offering viewings of it, all 3 of which were packed with diverse, curious, and riveted audiences, most of whom stayed for the post-Q&A. We had a blast during our educational performance and chat that was made possible through a partnership with the San Francisco Opera Education Department. We are excited to premiere the completed work in Spring 2019 in San Francisco. Here are a few of the numerous messages of feedback and support we received:
– Bravo for channeling your experiences to provide this shining example of a commitment to serve not only the artists but your audience too.
– Congratulations on a beautiful performance last night. The piece was moving and powerful. I love every aspect: beautiful text and language, powerful emotional music, and savvy staging. I can’t wait to see the final product…
– I had an absolute blast these past few days and congratulations on a successful workshop! It was an honor to be able to play for the both of you on this wonderful project and I hope we can work together again sometime in the future! I wish you the best of luck on the development of this opera and can’t wait to see what it becomes! It was a joy to be a part of the start!
– Everyone involved was such a pro, it was so fun, and the piece turned out MAGNIFICENTLY…
– We don’t know each other, but I’ve been thinking a lot about the message of your opera. If there’s a particular poem or work I should read that may answer this question, let me know. Also, I love the music! I’ve seen finished operas that don’t seem as complete as what you all have.
– Congratulations on a wonderful and successful performance yesterday! It seems the piece is well on its way to being something very special. Its about time the allegory had its day once again! I really enjoy this kind of opera/oratorio hybrid…I think it’s long overdue to resume its place on the concert/opera stage. I was impressed, and I hope you find continuing success with the project
– I just wanted to thank you…It was incredibly special for us and the entire production was so beautiful and inspiring. You should be so proud of your work – a true inspiration that has me thinking of life and existence all night.