Here’s a terrific video of the highlights from Mill Town, our site specific, community-based performance installation set in the Bates Mill Complex in Lewiston, ME. The collaborative team worked together for six weeks to realize the production. Our community partners included Platz Associates, Museum LA, The Dance Center, Bates Mill Complex and DaVinci’s. Mill Town featured 49 performers including 9 professional dancers, 17 local teens, 9 local dance students, and 17 Festival dancers. The event was comprised of 5 sections :
- Shift (Prologue): Outer Courtyard
- Work: Adjacent Courtyard
- Water (Pass-Through Installation): First Floor Atrium
- Loom: Second Floor Atrium
- Prism (Media and Performance Installations): Third Floor Mill
- Space (Finale): Fourth Floor Mill)
We presented this promenade performance on three evenings, Aug 2-4, 2017 for an incredibly diverse audience of 575. We were thrilled to see many community members turn out who had grown up surrounded by the vast mill spaces of Lewiston-Auburn. Their nearly unanimous reaction was WOW!